Calling all New Directors! Please plan to attend MACSSA’s Directors Institute this fall and winter! Whether you are brand new in your position, never attended the New Directors School (now known as the Institute), or would just like a refresher on core competencies for human services directors, this is a great learning opportunity.
Click here to register by July 29th!
Planned sessions include:
- Leadership Topics
- Technical information for Directors:
- Personnel Issues
- Agency Fiscal Management
- Board Relations
- Media Relations
- DHS Overview
- Legislative Information
This year the sessions will be offered on the Thursday of regular MACSSA monthly forum, when the forum is held in-person. Attendees will stay for lunch after the regular forum ends on Thursday and then attend sessions from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. The dates are
- August 26
- November 4
- December 2
- January 27 (tentative)
- March 24 (tentative)
The registration fee is $150 per attendee. This rate includes: Thursday lunches and speaker fees. Please note this is a series of presentations that build on each other and therefore participants must register for all sessions. Click here to register. Payment will be invoiced later. Deadline for registration is July 29th.
Sessions are in conjunction with the MACSSA forum so the same lodging that is available for the forum is available for the Director’s Institute Attendees.
Hotel: Courtyard by Marriott, St Paul, Woodbury
185 Radio Drive, Woodbury, MN 55125
There are two options available for making room reservations – you can make them online or call the hotel directly:
- You can make your room reservations online here: Book your group rate for Minnesota Association of County Social Service Administrators (MACSSA)
- Phone reservations: Call the Front Desk at 651-731-5338 or the toll-free central reservation number for the Marriott at 1-888-236-2427. Be sure to reference “MACSSA” to get the group rate.
- The group rate is $96 per night (not including tax).
- You have the option of making your room reservations for one of the months listed above or for all three months.
- Each month has a “Book by date” - you will see the dates when you click on the link. NOTE: if you call after the “Book by date”, the group rate will be honored based on availability.
- Members are responsible for making and canceling their own room reservations.
- Members are responsible for paying for their own room reservations.
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you have any questions about registration, please contact Catherine Engstrom, MACSSA Project Manager.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category